Close Date: 26th May 2018
ED&F Man Capital Markets (“MCM”) is recruiting for a French & English speaking Credit Risk Officer to join our existing credit risk department and help support effective Credit Risk controls and provide Counterparty analysis for this fast-paced division of ED&F Man Capital Markets Group. The role will focus on the Capital Markets Frontier Markets FOREX business which has a majority client base domiciled on the African continent. The role will report to the Deputy Head of Credit Risk for the European Capital Markets Division.
• Primary focus on the preparation of credit analysis and applications covering MCM’s African FX client base for presentation to Credit Committee.
• Liaising with business units to advise and recommend credit thresholds for new or existing clients.
• Reviewing wholesale business documentation and advising on credit mitigation terms to protect the interests of the firm.
• Managing and sponsoring Group guarantees for MCM Counterparty relationships as required.
• Ensuring that all credit requests are completed on a timely basis. Undertaking reviews of clients and counterparties at least annually
• Preparation of Management Information for Credit Committee and other forums.
• Maintaining close contact with clients/counterparties and accompanying Account Executives on client visits as required.
• Monitoring client performance against transaction obligations. Checking breaches of credit/trading limits and ensuring appropriate action taken.
• Maintaining global credit ratings for all client and counterparties with whom MCM has exposure.
• Approving the opening of new accounts, ensuring all relevant documentation is present and correct from a credit perspective.
• Ad hoc reports/duties as required by Senior Credit /Risk Management.
Skills & Qualifications
Who We Are
Established in 1783, ED&F Man is an employee-owned agricultural commodities merchant with 7,000 people in 60 countries and annual revenue in excess of $10bn. We trade sugar, coffee, molasses, animal feed, grains and pulses. We help our counterparties manage price risk through hedging and provide access to commodity and capital markets through our brokerage business.
ED&F Man is a pioneer as well as a trader in liquid agricultural by-and- co-products. We offer expertise in animal nutrition and feed dispense technology to farmers. We work closely with manufacturers, such as rum and yeast producers, to provide quality products from sustainable sources.
Our capability includes sourcing, shipping, storage and distribution of molasses, molasses
blends and other sugar co-products, as well as vegetable and fish oils. Using the sourcing skill of our trading division and the blending and inventory management know-how of our storage operations, we tailor make sophisticated blends to match our customers’ needs.
Here at ED&F Man we are guided by our five company values: Respect, Integrity, Meritocracy, Client Focus and Entrepreneurship.
Our values are underpinned by a set of essential behaviours, which form part of our performance management approach. Delivering on our objectives is very much about ‘what’ we do, but these essential behaviours also provide a guide and measure for ‘how’ we do things.
As part of the annual performance review, all employees are measured either against a set of five Leadership Essentials if you are a people manager or four Performance Essentials if you are an individual contributor.
1. Drives Innovation2. Leads People3. Delivers Results4. Collaborates5. Manages Resources
1. Drives Innovation 2. Leads People 3. Delivers Results 4. Collaborates
Equal Opportunities Statement
ED&F Man is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. All qualified applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to race, colour, sex, gender, age, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital or civil partner status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment (identity, gender expression), genetic information or any characteristic protected by local law.